Thursday, April 8, 2010

Woohoo!

So lots of good things are happening for me right now!

First, Midsummer is going swimmingly, there are three shows left (one of which is tonight, so I must be short with this post) so check it out at the Wings Theatre. Also, we got reviewed and it was quite positive, including this gem of a quote: "Shakespearean doubling includes...the versatile Julia Giolzetti as both the shrinking rustic Snug and the fairy Moth." For having such a small part, I'm honored to be recognized. Finally, I'm versatile, instead of "simply at a loss" as I was with American Soldiers. For the record, I was NEVER at a loss! NEVER!

See the full review here: http://qmetropolis.com/?p=1159

Baxter, lying on the exercise mat next to me, just squealed while dreaming his doggie dream.

Aaaaand last but most certainly NOT least, I got a call from the Bloc agency asking to sign me for legit representation!!!!!!!

YIPEE!

I met with them a couple weeks ago but was so nervous and thought I was so poopy I didn't feel the need to mention it. This all came from a seminar at the Network (www.thenetworknyc.com), so if you're looking for help, I'd check with these guys. I am so grateful to begin working with such a great agency. They had such a good vibe, like the antithesis of the scary agent man screaming on a cell phone. So we'll see where this takes me, I'm beyond thrilled to have other people trying to get me auditions, but I know that nobody can do all the work for you. If anything, I'm going to start working harder at getting better jobs and reaching higher levels in the industry. Until I don't need to work three (yes, three) other jobs. Or skip meals cause I'm low on cash. No more wondering if I have what it takes. Clearly someone else thinks I do....you know, I might actually be able to make a sound career doing the only thing that's ever truly made me happy.

Sorry I am gushing. It's a good feeling. Feels right. Well, off to go roar my ass off.

PS I saw Clash of the Titans on Easter and I'm not kidding in the least when I say it was the most entertaining thing I've seen in a while. RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!! Liam Neeson is my homeboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment