Friday, March 12, 2010

People Are Really Dumb Sometimes

And now, a tidbit from the world of customer service!

My poor colleague Josh just got yelled at by an insane woman who happens to be the president of her own PR company demanding we cancel and refund her subscription. The reason? Her password to the website has stopped working "again and again". That makes some logical sense until you consider what's actually going down with this loon.

First of all, this has happened once to her before. ONCE. And that was because she was entering her own email address wrong, putting in an extra dash. She asked to cancel that time too, but through some swift thinking on my part I was able to slowly guide her through logging in (and making sure she typed her email address in correctly. Here I'd like to reiterate she is the PRESIDENT of a company.)

This time? The time that frustrated her so much she demanded a refund? Do you want to know why her password didn't work? Do you?

SHE ADDED A 1 TO HER PASSWORD. She forgot her own password and instead of automatically resetting it like anyone else would do, she just assumed we were magically changing it on her to cause her pain and suffering.

And somehow, this is our fault. Somehow, we end up paying her money.

I wonder how she goes through her day. I wonder how she treats her poor employees. And most of all, I wonder what happened to her that made her this way. I hope she gets splashed by a taxi.

Rant ended.

Next week I'm singing Melissa Etheridge in a cabaret! It's at the Wings Theatre, 154 Christopher St, on March 19 at 8pm. The theme for the night is, "Gay Gay Gay". I don't think I need to tell you it will be FABULOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment