Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Coughy Hurty Theatre.

I AM SICK! BEWARE!

This is how I must present myself to every actor and production person I have interacted with since Sunday. There would be catastrophic results if anyone got this bug I possess. It makes me hungry but too tired to eat, sleepy but to hurty to sleep, and my neck is just one achy lump of muscle. It's bad, folks. But never fear, I've taken off work today and hopefully tomorrow to stave off the infection and keep me as healthy as possible for tech week.

Oh and Sunday was the last Henry show. I debated attending the afterparty but am so glad I decided to go. Sutton as usual was a graceful hostess and I was reminded of how great it is to be surrounded by friendly actors having a good time.

Wait, tech week? I'm THIS SICK during TECH?!

That's right, I am. Because my life is a miserable hilarious joke. Of course I'll survive but for now I'm just resting in the sadistic satisfaction of it. What was nice yesterday was that the Pink! bunks are made and I have Jonas Brothers sheets that looked oh, so, so comfy and we got a little break and-woosh. I was asleep, immersed in the world of Bunk 14, with Joe Jonas watching from the pillowcase. I think we were all impressed with the space and how hard the set designer worked to recreate camp in its bunked, wooden, cramped glory. Combined with our costumes and breast binding (no C cups for 12 year olds!) yesterday was a blast despite this ailment.

My sleepiness looms. As does the Pizza Delivery Man. I hope they both arrive soon.

Oh, and as if I haven't said it enough: Pink! opens THURSDAY at 8pm. http://www.pinktheplay.com.

2 comments:

  1. Julia - maybe you are sick cause you were going 110% and NOT EATING ANYTHING LAST WEEK

    ReplyDelete