Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My true loverly lub.

Too sexy for words!!!! Ewan McGregor is the first and only fella for me. Oh, you say he's married? Alas. Anyway while scrolling through Best Week Ever I found this and it made me squishy inside so I had to repost it. Also www.bestweekever.tv is the funniest blog in the world. For serious. Although today is the Official Day with no Cats (and therefore no LOLz) so maybe check it tomorrow instead.

Also its 9.9.09 which means something to us, but not to people with different ways of counting time, animals, plants, or really the rest of the universe. But it's a cute little coincidence. Where will I be at 9:09 pm on 9.9.09?......rehearsing. As any self-respecting actor would be.

My sore throat lingers, and coughing is an issue, but that shouldn't stop you from seeing PINK! tomorrow at the Workshop Theatre Mainstage (see what I did there?)(it was a plug)(nevermind). People get sick at camp so it's not too much of a stretch.

Can I just say as well....that I am so so SO proud of this production. That's my overwhelming emotion, even though I should be nervous about opening. I am just filled with pride and admiration. When so many people come together on a project and really throw their entire souls into it 1000% for weeks, it shows. It shows in the AMAZING bunk beds constructed by Amanda, Laura's seamless and awesomely edited web videos, Johanna's keen eye and life saving organizational skills, Stephanie's ridiculous, heartbreaking and fabulous costumes, Joel's spooky lights, Kate's sweet smile as she rubs shaving cream off my face. It shows in Stacy's words, words she has invented and collected from these insane children and words she has twisted into a beautiful terrific thing. It shows in Brian's gasps and giggles as he gleefully directs us. And of course, Caitlin and Kaela and Ali and Steph are SO talented. I will truly miss this group. You know that a show's good when you fear the end of it before it even opens!

So I hope you out there will come see it. It's not some half-assed shindig. If I do my part right, you'll leave the theatre thanking the heavens you're no longer twelve years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment