Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I have a few updates.

First off, and I am the last person to get on this, but Michael Jackson was amazing and I'm still speechless that he's gone. My first memory of him is watching the "Thriller" video around age 5 and being too scared to move. And also, being strangely awed by the zombie dancers. It will now officially be my wedding dance (should I ever tie the knot) (hint hint Jason!)

Okay so I guess I'll break this down by shoot, since I've done THREE in two days. Oy!

Sunday I played an office worker in "Happythankyoumoreplease", a from-what-I-could-glean-off-the-two-scenes-I-saw delightful movie involving the most adorable little boy EVER TO EXIST. We were kinda buddies and chatted about Teddy Grahams....I hope he gets famous. Although it was a long shoot, we were fed very well (FREE SHAKE SHACK OMGGGG) and were treated so nicely by the production people. Seriously, they were all equally awesome. Especially Pooch, one of the ADs. Pooch is the man. And me and the other 4 extras had our own special adventures since we were basically left to entertain ourselves all day. Good times. And hopefully, as long as the sequence isn't cut, I'll be in a movie! Look for a lame girl filing papers and typing on the computer as the little boy roams around the office. Or just go see the movie with me, I'll squeal at the appropriate time.

Then Monday I went to a shoot for a movie called Bitter Feast which was admittedly not as awesome (which you can't fault them for, it's just that I didn't have a brief run-in with Richard Jenkins like I had on Sunday). They also paid me, which, I mean, money, cash money!!! I'm poor. THE James LeGros was the lead in that and heartily entertained us while we pretending to be watching a cooking show.

Then, oh then....I headed to the shoot for the pilot of "Bartender Wars", premiering in a few months on the Fine Living Network (WTF). I was there from 2-11:30, and was constantly drinking and eating free food. Actor's paradise? Perhaps. For fear of ruining the fun, just watch that episode. Me, Sarah G, and K Hoff are basically the stars. We were front and center of the bar the whole shoot! And I got into a "confrontation" (not completely staged in any way at all). Besides the warring bartenders of course...all of whom were great sports and fun/interesting people, as you would expect NYC bartenders to be. AND 2 of my extra buddies from Sunday were at this shoot too! Getting drunk for the sake of sacred, sacred reality tv. Oh and Egypt (the host) LOVED Sarah. It was hilarious. And whaddya know, I actually remember it and didn't have nary a headache the next day (a big deal for me, 2 Beer Giolzetti)

Yesterday I stopped by the Apollo to take in the madness. It was surreal, "Beat It" was blasting from the heavens it seemed, and I was shoved and given "why is this white person here" looks...but it didn't matter. I walked by it, looked up at that iconic sign, and waved goodbye to one of my idols. RIP everyone.....even poor Billy Mays.

My next blog will hopefully be from sweet home San Diego, where I am going to recharge and de-stress--much needed after a string of very painful rejections. Speaking of rejection, my last audition before vacation is tomorrow!!! Woohoo. No I really am excited, just...tired. Obviously. Look at my last few days--sheesh!

OH! And check out the episode I shot for Z Rock this Sunday at 11pm on the IFC!!! I'm the blur of a person walking by.

3 comments:

  1. I love you. And I'll choreograph all the dances for Thriller at your wedding with original choreography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey I did that show last night. Did you get the feeling that the joke was on us? We, too were front and center the whole night. I think it's like a candid camera show where we're being punked...have you heard anything since you filmed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, but I did it again last Friday and it was pretty much the same deal...who knows what they'll do with footage though, reality TV editors are notorious for making footage into whatever they want it to be! I would laugh/cry a lot if the joke was on us...there were microphones all over the place, including the beer taps and umbrella holders!

    ReplyDelete