Thursday, October 8, 2009

Adventures in Temping

Someone just called my office's customer service line looking for "Stimulating conversations." Confused, I responded telling him I thought he had the wrong number. He sounded drunk. He sounded dirty. I could hear lust in his voice as I repeatedly and politely informed him that I was not, in fact, a phone sex operator but a temporary customer service manager. I was so confused, because it's not really something you expect to have to deal with at a publishing house. So "stimulating conversations", whatever that may be, are not (fortunately) in my job description. I hung up after he thanked me for my help (and my soothing voice, I can only assume) and I went back to my Excel file bemused and a little creeped out. Speaking of which, that Excel file ain't gonna complete itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment