Monday, July 27, 2009

Oof! Or Sunday

I will begin this post by mentioning I got fired from that heinous reception job because "I wasn't a good fit for the company". Yeah, wasn't a good fit to fill in at the front desk for four days for basically minimum wage. They just didn't like me cause of my Kohl's top. Deal with it bitches. I've got a much nicer setup in a construction company in an office with not one, but TWO sassy Jamaican ladies. Thank you Jesus. I really, really love it there. Who knew accounts payable could be so much fun?!

So yesterday I may have overexerted myself. I had an all-day workshop with two fabulous casting directors and while it was a bit intimidating I ended up learning so much and really enjoyed myself. Watching others almost teaches you more about acting than actually acting. I was awkward, but I'm always awkward, so what else is new. I think the most important thing I learned was knowing your material well enough to make informed choices. I mean, I know that's a thing, but this stressed the importance. It was obvious when people didn't know where they were or what the context was. And even if that info wasn't available, they didn't create a reality for themselves. Others, on the flip side, from the first word drew a whole environment with their body language and tone and expression. It was really fun to watch that--I definitely stole some things.

Then I mosied down to the Financial District, limping from a blister and unable to put a band-aid on my sweaty foot, for my next endeavor: a Shakespeare company. I always go out for Shakespeare things just to keep it fresh. Not that it gets old, but I just like saying those fancy shmancy words. Like "timorous".

Then the scariest thunderstorm ever happened. I got drenched since somebody (Jason) forgot to bring an umbrella to his lunch date with me. Like completely soaked in a hilarious way. Luckily I had time to duck into a bathroom and make myself not look like a swamp monster for the next audition, for a play I found to be seriously funny and awesome. But a day has gone by without a callback, so alas. It started out so well too--they were very excited to see my Big Love credit. Nobody seems to know what that was. It was in the New York Times people! Headphone jacks! Newspapers are dying :(

THEN off to visit my one blog follower and her merry roommates. Poor Lisha, working made her sick. Get better! Comment on my blog so I feel like I have friends and then people will see "oh look a comment she's not just rattling on to herself like a crazy person".

So, by 10:30 pm, a full 13 1/2 hours after I left, I plopped on my bed and gave Baxter a squeeze, which he returned by immediately running away from me.

Today was uneventful except I prepared for my Columbine callback tomorrow (!!!!) and had a Julia moment: I was fumbling with my phone on the street, and this very trendy girl walks by and says, "I really like that bag!" I smile, look up and say, "thanks", as I notice I am standing in front of a bag store. D'oh.

1 comment:

  1. I am not Lisha. I do not read your blog. You are just rattling on to yourself like a crazy person.

    ReplyDelete