Monday, September 21, 2009

PINK! is over...for now.

Thanks so much to everyone who came to see us! I've never had such universally gushing responses toward a play before--people of all different kinds loved it, young and old. I was approached by many strangers and asked if the events in the play had ever happened to me as a kid (they haven't, I would never hide my diary in such an obvious place!), or if I really was a lesbian. That was awkward...not that I can convincingly play someone who kisses girls but just awkward in general to declare your love of boys to strangers. I was also told by a lot of people, also some strangers, that they identified with my character the most out of the 5 girls which was the ultimate compliment to me. Granted I wasn't an evil villain, I was a misfit kid, but how awesome that I got people to see through Samantha's eyes. This show also got me really good at crying onstage. Which I think is the hardest thing to fake. Anger, laughter, and fear are all pretty straightforward but actually tricking your body into crying is so damn hard. By repeating the scene over and over and also finding words and actions of other characters that triggered tears helped immensely....and of course all the other girls were so good and the moment was written so well I never had to fake it. Actually last night the tears came so quickly and easily I kind of just sat back and let them happen.

Things haven't been going great on the personal front, but I'd like to think the tears were just frustration, exhaustion, and regret that the show's over. But who knows.

In happier news, I was offered a small part in a new movie from the same company who worked with me on "Last Chance", which is now in post production. I am thrilled to work with them again since I had so much fun on the last shoot. And there are dogs involved! Maybe Baxter will get a cameo. Don't be a diva Baxter.

And in awesome news, remember the show I did back in May for the Downtown Urban Theatre Festival?! It got picked up for the Manhattan Rep Theatre Fall Play Festival! Yes, "T.A.B." returns October 28 at 8pm and the 29-30 at 6:30pm. If you weren't able to catch the first incarnation, I highly recommend coming to the festival. It's a provocative and touching story and much of the old gang is reuniting which gives me joy. Nothing is more awesome than collaborating with actors more than once.

If I find a review of PINK! I'll post, but that's it for now. I have another audition tonight as well, because, well, I don't understand what "take a break" means. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment